1. Sponsor and Support Legislation that Ends Red Tape Bureaucracy: When business owners spend their time and money satisfying redundant government regulations, that leaves fewer resources for growing their business.
2. Streamline the Permitting Process: A complex permitting process restricts the growth of new commerce. We must get creative, such as simplified permitting across city and county lines, so that business can open and grow.
3. Create Better Incentive Programs: Entrepreneurs create jobs in places that are most inviting for them. We can make it easier to do business in our state by offering incentives based on employee growth and local investment.
THE PLAN TO BUILD A WORLD-CLASS EDUCATION SYSTEM
1. Raise the Bar: By improving education with the goal of challenging our students to learn, rather than lowering the standards, we will excel in education.
2. Spend the money in the Classroom: We must continue to hire the best teachers and provide them with the tools and resources, including state of the art technology, to improve our schools.
3. Promote Vocational Education:One size-fits-all does not work for today’s young students. Some may want to pursue carpentry, plumbing, auto mechanics or a similar vocation. We should make sure that there is a curriculum which includes not only the vocational options but also teaches entrepreneurial skills to complement the vocation.
Connect on Facebook
Political Advertisement paid for and approved by Bob Cortes, Republican, for State Representative, District 30